New In : The Balm Mary Lou Manizer highlight & Cabana Boy blush
May 11, 2015Hey guys! I just went a little crazy lately in the makeup department, but hey, treat yo self, right? So I've been wanting to test out some more TheBalm products, but as always, it's quite hard to get your hand on this brand around here. But the Internet can be an amazing place sometimes - well, not for my wallet though! I got the Mary-Lou Manizer highlight and the Cabana Boy blush.
First of all, can we talk about PIGMENTATION ? The highlighter is insanely pigmented, so much that I always have to be careful with it and tap off the excess. It's crazy, but in a good way. It leaves a nice golden, champagne glow to the skin and can definitely be built up for a more dramatic look. I don't have that many highlighters to begin with, so I'm glad to count this one in my tiny collection.
The blush is out of my comfort zone, to be honest. I am very used to coral tones like NARS Orgasm and Milani Luminoso, but I decided to change it up a bit by trying out this one. It's a true, deep rose-toned blush with very warm undertones, so it might not be suitable for everyone. It's a little bit shimmery, but nothing over-the-top, and again, the pigmentation is extraordinary.
Here are the swatches :
Overall i'm really happy with these two and I'm looking forward to splurging on other products from theBalm! I'd especially recommend the blush to people with warmer skin tones, but the highlight would look flattering on anyone.

0 comments