Holy Grail : Kiehl's Midnight Recovery

February 22, 2015


Okay, I don't think I have ever been so excited about a product review, so before I start raving about how amazing these two are, let's first hear what the brand has to say about it.

The Midnight Recovery Concentrate is supposed to be a "replenishing nighttime facial oil with distilled botanicals that visibly restores the appearance of skin by morning".  It's filled with natural ingredients like Squalane, Omega-6 fatty acids, Primrose Oil, and other essential oils such as Lavender.

You guessed it, it's a night-time serum that should make your skin look so much healthier and plump by the time you wake up. And oh my god, it definitely does. I was looking for a serum for a long time, but with all the products available out there, it was really overwhelming, especially when most of them are meant for anti-aging purposes. I needed something light, that would suit my combination skin and improve its appearance. Since I started using the Clarisonic, I was really scared that all the progress I had made with my skin would be ruined by a serum (i mean, it's an oil !). But after hearing all the hype around this, I decided to give it a shot, and it definitely didn't. After removing my makeup, I love applying this just before moisturizer, the lavender scent is so relaxing and helps you calm down after a long day. Not only it makes your skin glow, but it also has helped with my acne scars, and that is a huge bonus for me. I have fallen in love with the product, no joke. I got this 50ml bottle around Christmas time and as only 3 drops of this suffice for the entire face, even though it's pricy, i know it's gonna last a lifetime so it's really worth it. It takes quite a while to sink in, but since it's a nighttime product, I think it's fitting.

Now, moving on to the eye cream : this one, I ordered online just after the MRC. First surprise when  I received it : it's tiny! For the price (€28) I was not expecting this at all and was quite disappointed, but let's keep going.  It has the same ingredients as the Midnight Recovery Concentrate and promises  “fresher, younger-looking” eyes by morning, and it's also supposed to help reduce fine lines. My main concern when it comes to the eye area is dark circles - they're not that bad, but my eyes tend to look really tired and when I don't get enough sleep, my eye area tends to look quite dull. Still, I don't have any problem with dryness or fine lines, so I didn't need something over the top anyway. After using this product, when I wake up in the morning, I find that my eye area is very soft, and moisturized just enough (it's quite thick, but not greasy either) and again, it just makes that healthy-looking appearance even more obvious. Not everyone will like it, though, it depends on what you're looking for. Like I said, I'm not able to tell you if this works with fine lines, but I think that if your main concern is dryness, the avocado eyecream from Kiehl's would be a better match.

Overall, I think these two products are the very definition of the holy grail for me. They have both improved my skin texture and appearance and I will definitely repurchase them!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey there! I've been eyeing this brand as well for so looong! I think im gonna give a shot! Loved the post! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi beauty! I'm so glad to hear this :) it's definitely worth the try! x

      Delete