London haul & first impressions
November 29, 2014
Hey guys! I got back from London about a week ago (nothing to do with the song haha) and let me just say, it was absolutely amazing! We spent 5 days on a little holiday with my friend Safiya (you can find her here). Though I could speak endlessly about all the amazing food we had, the crazy shopping we did till we couldn't even walk anymore, i'm just going to focus on the beauty stuff i got from this trip.
The first thing I got, without even asking for it, was an awesome surprise which Safiya made me. I was literally head over heels while opening it! It's the Too Faced Everything Nice palette. This palette is the thing every beauty addict will want in their life, because it has such a wide range of colors there's literally nothing you can't do with it. The eyeshadows are SO pigmented it's crazy, my favorite at the moment is the shade 'Girly' and i'm sure you can tell by the way it looks on the picture. People have been giving me compliments about the way my makeup looks lately, little do they know it is thanks to this little piece of heaven I get to use every single morning! The palette also has one bronzer - including the iconic 'Chocolate Soleil' one - two blushes, including 'Papa don't Peach' my favorite at the moment, and a highlighter called 'Inner Light' which is also marvelous. It also comes with a pretty pink, sparkly pouch which you can use as a makeup bag, a mini 'Better Than Sex' mascara, and tiny golden cruelty free brushes. In a nutshell, it is GORGEOUS. I am serious guys. This is the best thing I've ever got in the history of my beauty obsession, and God knows how many products I've tried!
The next thing I got were some Sleek palettes : Garden of Eden, Original, v1 brights. I was really wanting to incorporate more bright colors into my makeup routine, so I thought : what's better than all the essential, flashy colors you need combined in one palette ? I've been using it to create a yellow inner corner and I really like it. I'm not going to go into too much detail in here but let me tell you, it is very pigmented, stays on really well and for the price, it's really good stuff.
from left to right : Garden of Eden, V1 Brights, Original
Since Safiya and I are both beauty freaks, it was really nice to shop together because we almost wanted the same things. We were both obsessed with the Kylie Jenner lip trend and wanted to get our hands on the MAC Whirl lip pencil, which is the color she uses. Unfortunately, it was sold out EVERYWHERE in London! We even checked on the MAC France website, and it was as well. So what we did was trying to find a close match, but we both have different skin tones (mine is darker). For me, the perfect color was 'Cream O' Spice' which looks like the color 'Spice' but with a darker, browner tone. Also, it moisturizes the lips which is something I find pretty hard to find in lipliners in general. It stays really well the entire day, and it has definitely become a staple of mine (although I did finally get my hands on Whirl!). I wear it everyday. The only downside is that, since it is a retractable pencil, it breaks off easily, so you have to be very gentle when you apply it.
The last thing I was dying to find in London was the Benefit 'Cheeky Sweet Pot' Limited Edition Blush Palette, and it was sold out in a lot of places, except in John Lewis. Here's the baby :
Finally, some home & productivity related things I got were this check list from Muji, a scrapbook from Primark, and a scented candle also from Primark. The check list was so useful since we had many things to do, and I got into the habit of writing down things I need to get done by the end of the week now. I think it helps you see more clearly where you're at and keeps you organized.
That's it guys for the haul guys ! Obviously, you noticed, but I've just switched my language to English since I think it is a more understandable language to anyone who might come across my blog, French speakers included. I hope you liked it :)

2 comments
Hey, jviens de découvrir ton blog grâce a Safiya, premier article que j'lis mais il me tarde d'en lire d'autres (en anglais c'est superbe!) gros bisous!
ReplyDeleteOhh! merci beaucoup ma belle, ça fait plaisir :D xo
Delete