Face mask battle : GlamGlow YouthMud VS Lush Magnaminty

March 02, 2015

Today I'm going to talk about two products that I've been using for the last month. I've been obsessed with skincare products recently, I switched up my entire skincare routine to help my skin look better. These two gems over here have definitely helped, but which one is better ? 1,2,3, let the battle begin!

Left : Lush "Mask of Magnaminty" (€7.95)/Right : GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate (€49.9)


GlamGlow 'YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment'
It is no secret that this mask has been raved about for years now in the beauty community, but I did a lot of research before finally giving in. The first thing I noticed was the packaging but I wasn't that suprised or attracted by the fact that it had 'Hollywood, California' or 'Very Sexy' written on it. I know celebrities have been hyping this product a lot, but I was genuinely curious and interested in testing it myself to see if it was really worth it. 

What the brand says :
"Designed as a 10-minute professional ‘facial in a jar’ for behind-the-scenes use in Hollywood’s Entertainment, Music, Fashion & Award industries, YOUTHMUD™ provides immediate camera-ready glowing skin. NEW Patented TEAOXI® technology with real Green Tea Leaf is the ‘magic’ behind our powerful anti-aging and anti-wrinkle results, delivering fresh antioxidants directly into the mud to hydrate, balance oil production and fight free radical damage. French Sea Clay works to detoxify & awaken the skin by drawing out impurities, while Ivy helps tone, tighten and lift the skin. Revitalize dull, dry skin with Volcanic Rock multi-level surface exfoliation & experience smoother, brighter, softer skin. Get your Youthful Sexy Glow back in just 10 minutes."



What I thought of it : 
First thing I noticed : the tingling effect ! Holy molly, I felt like my face was literally burning and that I was having an allergic reaction during the first minutes, but it gradually got better. Once dry, I rinsed the mask in circular motions to help exfoliate, and I was left with very smooth, glowing skin, so props to the brand for keeping its promises so far. On the other hand, though, my skin felt a little tight which is not something I'm used to. Also, with all the hype around this, maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought it would leave me with an airbrushed/flawless skin, which was not the case at all. As a result, I was pretty disappointed in this, especially considering the price. It sure helped with blemishes, but just like any other clay mask would have anyway. To be fairly honest, I don't think this product is as glamorous as it claims to be. I'm not saying I didn't like it, just that it wasn't that effective in comparison to other clay masks out there, the results were not that different. On a plus side, I loved the composition! The tea leaves were quite hard to put on my face, but it felt so good, especially since I love putting natural ingredients on my skin. Now, moving on to the next one :


Lush 'Mask of Magnaminty'

What the brand says : "Mask of Magnaminty isn't technically a daily 'facial wash'; it's actually a deep cleansing face and back mask. China clay and fresh peppermint reach deep down to pull the debris from your pores, giving you that delightful tingly-clean sensation. We add loads of aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe. Our inventors created Mask of Magnaminty to be the 'ultimate face mask', intense but not harsh or abrasive on the skin."

What I thought of it :
I got this one beforehand, thinking the GlamGlow would replace it eventually. First thing I noticed : the freshness and the minty smell : I felt like I was putting ice on my face and it was so relaxing. The texture is quite thick, but easy to apply, I then rinse it off after 10 minutes as well. Afterwards, I can feel my skin being totally free from impurities and dirt, which is why I think the cleanliness is definitely more noticeable with this one. Also, the glowing effect is still here, and I'm left with baby-smooth skin! The only downside is that it is quite messy to rinse off because of all the chunks it contains, but given all the benefits, it didn't bother me that much. I also really enjoyed the fact that it was not as harsh as the first one, just like the brand claimed.

Verdict : to me, the Lush mask definitely wins hands down. It brings the same (if not better) results than the GlamGlow YouthMud treatment, but without the unpleasant burning sensation, and also with the advantage of being far less expensive. If you can afford the GlamGlow one and don't mind splurging, then go ahead, but I'll stick to Lush for now. :)


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Heyyy! Ah oui alors là tu m'arrange d'avoir essayé le glamglow! Jallais mlancer les yeux fermé! Jcompte quand meme essayer lautre lhydratant.... le masque Lush est super je ne m'en passe plus ! Xx

    ReplyDelete