Review : Clarisonic Mia 2

April 11, 2015

It's now been 4 months since I got the Clarisonic Mia 2, so I think it's time for a review!

I got the Mia 2 after coming back from London where my friend let me try hers. I was instantly impressed by how smooth my skin was after using it for the first time! But I was still skeptical about getting it. I was having really bad breakouts all over my cheeks for several months and nothing was working, so I thought that it was the only option I had left. I was really scared at first, especially considering I heard some people say it made their skin even worse and that it wasn't that exceptional.  I finally dived in with my Sephora 25% discount, and I definitely do not regret it. In fact, my skin has never looked so good!


I got it with the standard brush head, which is for normal/sensitive skin types. It also came with a sample size Clarisonic 'Refreshing Gel Cleanser' which I didn't use, because I wanted to keep the same skin care regimen in order to see what difference the Mia 2 would make on its own. 

The first thing I noticed, as I said earlier, is how smooth my skin was after washing my face, but most importantly, how clean it felt! The great thing about the Mia 2 is that it does a really good job at removing all the dirt and makeup off your face thanks to the sonic system. I was actually looking forward to using it each night, it was like getting a little pamper session on a daily basis!



I was scared of the 'purging' phase, a.k.a. the phase where your skin takes a little bit of time to adjust to a new product and when all of the dirt and imperfections come out. I gotta say I did go through it, but it didn't last longer than a week at most. My moisturizer and makeup became a billion times easier to apply, and my skin was noticeably improving after just a couple of weeks of usage. Of course, I have a good skin care routine (which I might do a post about later on), but it wasn't working on its own, and the Mia 2 played a huge part in getting rid of all of my hormonal acne. 

For those who might be afraid of using a cleansing brush for the first time, may I reassure you by telling you that it is not harsh on the skin at all. I sometimes switch up the speed when I want to cleanse my skin even more thoroughly, but it still remains gentle. You can also buy different brush heads depending on your skin type.

To sum up, The Clarisonic saved my skin. If you haven't tried it yet, you totally should, it's definitely worth the price!


You Might Also Like

0 comments